Looking for the best stubby antenna units? Stock antenna in Jeep or trucks or even the best car antenna, can get brushed under in the woods, be snapped off at the time of washes or grazed under low-height garage ceiling. This makes it wiser for you to buy a short, stubby antenna that can perform nearly or equally well and give you the reception that you need – minus the headache.
Here is a guide to some of the wonderful stubby antenna units that have been listed here due to the quality construction, ease of installation and reliability that they come with. If you are looking for a short, low-profile antenna for your vehicle, any of these can be a suitable option.
High Lift Jacks is the most valueable tool for lifting the vehicles, read more here: High Lift Jacks
10 Best Stubby Car & Truck Antenna Review
|AntennaMastsRus – Best Conversion Kit|
|VMS Racing Red Tip Bullet Antenna|
|KEYO1E Stubby Antenna|
|AntennaMastsRus Short Rubber Antenna- German Engineered|
|RONIN FACTORY Bullet Antenna- Short Replacement Antenna|
|KEYO1E AM/FM Radio Stubby Antenna|
|CravenSpeed 3.8 inches Stubby Antenna|
|RONIN Factory Bullet Antenna for Jeep Wrangler JK & JL 2007+|
|CravenSpeed 3.2 Inches Stubby Antenna|
|Rydonair 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement|
Top 10 Best Stubby Antenna Reviews
1. AntennaMastsRus – Best Conversion Kit
This Conversion Kit can work with 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia and can be set up in just a few minutes, this is also known as the best aftermarket car antenna. It is important to go through the instructions first, to be able to install it easily and quickly. If your previous antenna has not broken within your vehicle, it will set up in less than twenty minutes. It can fit perfectly, and you will not tell this one apart from your original car antenna.
The kit consists of 6 3/4″ Antenna Mast as well as an insert. It has the power unit, which can transform it to a regular non-power antenna from a telescoping power antenna mast. It can be set up easily into your existing power unit.
- It installs in 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia
- The kit consists of 6 3/4″ short German-made antenna and an insert
- It can be set up in just 5 minutes
2. VMS Racing Red Tip Bullet Antenna
The antenna housing can be set up easily and quickly. It has a hard anodized finish, which prevents it from getting faded with time. It can be a fantastic upgrade from the low quality plastic housing cover which is factory staple. Unlike cheap quality cast-molded aluminum, it lasts for a long time to come. The hard anodized construction ensures that it will have a durable finish. This antenna housing is composed of 100% Billet Aluminum. It is 100% CNC MACHINED and aluminum billet anodized.
It is one of the best jeep antenna units and has various spacers and adapter studs, which ensure easy fit on most cars which have antennas of screw-in style. The radio reception tends to vary by vehicle, and the variation also depends on where you live.
- The antenna is available in VMS Racing Branded BOX
- It is around 5.5 inch in length
- This VMS atenna does not require any modification
- It comes with directions included with the package
- There is no need for any special tools for setting up this antenna
3. KEYO1E Stubby Antenna
The KEYO1E antenna is a wonderful and functional antenna and comes with a new concept design. It is composed of a durable and strong ABS material. The antenna has no impact on Sirius XM radio, GPS Navigation, Bluetooth or On-Star. The antenna installation takes less than 1 minute, as you can unscrew the actual antenna and screw this new one in manually. The process is extremely simple.
It has very conductive copper internals and strong in-built signal boosting chip. The antenna boasts of amazing performance and the signal is strong for AM/FM. When compared to other antennas, its reception is much better. With a long lifespan and a reliable performance, this durable antenna can be the best purchase option for you.
- The antenna is short, and 4.8 inches in length
- Stylish in appearance and can easily replace whip antenna/stock mast
- It does not require any tools for installation purposes
- There is no drilling, cutting or modification needed
4. AntennaMastsRus Short Rubber Antenna- German Engineered
Although a short antenna, it offers a performance that is closer to the antenna that comes from the factory. It has been tested on different kinds of vehicles, and the performance is very satisfactory. The quality of the signal is quite good with this one.
This antenna is shipped with stainless steel threading of the most superior quality, and it has a foolproof design. It can last for a long time and offer you great value for money.
- German Engineered 6 3/4″ FM / AM Antenna
- Easily fit Harley Davidson Touring Electra 1989-2019
- It consists of copper internals that is highly conductive and helps offer better reception
- Comes with a 0.5-inch base width and is 6 ¾ inch in length
5. RONIN FACTORY Bullet Antenna- Short Replacement Antenna
This is an Aluminum Bullet Antenna having the same shape and size as an actual 50 Caliber bullet. It can be set up in a matter of minutes by unscrewing the present antenna that you have and replacing it with this one.
The setup is very convenient, as it has all the hardware that is needed. The antenna comes with Allen wrenches that are needed. It is available with stainless hardware. Once you set it up, you will not find any loss in signal on your FM channels that you generally listen to. It is possible to get the same kind of signal as on a factory antenna.
As the installation is fast, you will not experience any delay and feel at ease while using it. There is no difference in signal strength, which is a positive thing to note about it. It comes with anti-theft adhesive, which can make the device tough to steal for thieves.
- It has a 6061 Solid Billet Aluminum build and the black hard-anodized finish does not fade or chip
- RONIN short antenna can easily fit 1997-2018 Ford F-Series and 1994 – 2018 Dodge RAM Trucks
- This antenna is appropriate for people who use Auxiliary audio inputs or Bluetooth
6. KEYO1E AM/FM Radio Stubby Antenna
If you are in search of the best jeep antenna that is short-sized and has better reception quality, this can be one of the best options for you. The antenna is durable in build and comes in modern concept design. There is better reception, due to the copper coil and internal chip. The performance is amazing.
But its durable build ensures that you will not have to experience any issues with the breaking of the antenna in the garage or car wash. It can be set up easily by hand, without the need for any special tools. The entire installation process takes less than 1 minute. The product also comes with a manual, and you can use it for reference and for instructions if you encounter any issues at the time of setting up or using the antenna. The antenna can resist corrosion for a long time. It has a sturdy build and is made of super-strong stainless steel threading.
- It has been designed to be used with the 2007-2019 GMC Sierra
- This stubby antenna can receive a strong signal and can receive AM / FM signals easily
- The antenna comes in a modern and sleek style and has a lasting construction
- It is just 4.8 inches in size and has an exquisite design
7. CravenSpeed 3.8 inches Stubby Antenna
This is a wonderful replacement antenna that can be accommodated in any 2006-2019 Mazda Miata. It has been designed to be a perfect match for factory bases and can be a wonderful stock antenna for your vehicle. There is no need for any special tool, as this antenna can be set up quickly and easily in just a few seconds.
It is a product from the USA and has an all-metal construction. It has been machined from billet aluminum, a lasting black powder coated finish ensures that it will not chip, break or fade. The risks of corrosion are eliminated due to stainless hardware.
- The antenna can fit any 2006-2019 Mazda Miata
- It is a little less than 4 inches in height
- Constructed out of aluminum billet 6061
- You will not have to be concerned about OEM Antenna breaking in the garage or car wash
- The antenna does not have any negative impact on Sirius Radio, On-Star GPS or similar satellite service
8. RONIN Factory Bullet Antenna for Jeep Wrangler JK & JL 2007+
This best antenna for jeep wrangler can be installed pretty easily and quickly, and also comes with a manual that details the instructions for setup. All that you really have to do is unscrew the existing antenna and replace it with the Bullet Antenna, screwing it in by hand. You do not need any tools for the setup and can save precious time in the installation process.
There are no reception issues with this one. It can safely last car washes. It has a sharp, modern appearance and offers wonderful radio reception. Audio streaming is very nice in quality. It offers a wonderful performance, and there are no messy threads, adapters or plastic components that can break.
- It has a one-piece design and is constructed out of 6061 Billet Aluminum
- No risks of fading or chipping due to the Hard Anodized Black finish
- Ideal for people who use Auxiliary audio inputs or Bluetooth
- It fits all JLU Wranglers, JL, JKU and JK Jeeps after 2007, and does not support previous models
- The product stands out with its Anti-Theft Design and has a strong thread locking compound that prevents theft
9. CravenSpeed 3.2 Inches Stubby Antenna
This is one of the best short antenna for f150 antenna that can easily fit any 2009-2019 Ford F-150 truck. It can set up in a few seconds, and there are no tools needed for the installation. You can set it up manually in just a few seconds. It does not come with a manual of instructions, given that setup is absolutely a breeze.
It has a full metal construction and is durable in a finish which ensures that it will not chip or break. There is no corrosion due to the stainless hardware. When you have this on your vehicle, there will be no more worries about the antenna crashing when it hits the garage or when it gets lashed during a car wash. It is of proper size and can be the best way to enjoy your favorite stations without any concerns about the product taking a hit during car washes, natural hazards or some accident.
- It has been designed to be a perfect match for the factory base
- The substitute is powder coated and machined
- Durable powder coating ensures that there is no cracking, fading or chipping of paint
- You can get reliable performance when it comes to reception
10. Rydonair 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement
It has been designed to fit FM or AM bands. The reception quality is better than in other antennas with a low profile. The best truck antenna has been constructed with sturdy and high-quality materials. Compatible and well shaped memory ensures the proper signal with the gradual signal receiving compatibility.
You can easily mount this antenna and install it in place in a few seconds. It has a nice fit and finishes, and the quality finish ensures that you will be able to use it for a long time to come. With the adapter that is included in the package, it can fit perfectly well. The quality of reception is the same as standard OEM or possibly even better. You can pick up every FM HD station that is there. It has just the right size and looks quite sharp on trucks.
If you are in search of something shorter in size than your regular antenna but having the same level of reception or better, this can actually be a worthwhile option for you to consider. It is decent, well made and performs really well.
- It is 13 inches in size and has a stylish appearance
- Easily replaceable longer antenna that is usually about 31 inches in length
- Easily fit F-150 Raptor or Ford F-150 of 2009-2019
- Durable and weatherproof due to the outer surface having a premium rubber coating
- Navigation or satellite service is not affected by this Antenna
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Stubby Antenna
- Check the signal quality – Stubby antennas are intended to be substitutes for the conventional, long antenna that are placed on the roof of vehicles. The reception of these can be compared to the type of reception that standard antennas tend to get. While trying to buy these, you have to check reviews and find out how strong the signals are. Find out whether it can pick up AM / FM signals well enough.
Remember that you should look at the frequency bands that can be supported by the antenna and whether you can get a reception that is consistently strong.
- Check the look – Look at its aesthetic appearance. The antenna of your choice need not be dull in looks and should be aesthetic enough to make your vehicle look stylish. Make sure that the antenna comes with a contemporary concept design, and matches the style of the car, pickup, RV etc that you are using. Stay away from anything funky if your personal style and that of the vehicle is rather flat. On the other hand, if you wish to customize your car with something cool, one with a modern design will undoubtedly be the best choice.
- Look at the durability – Check whether it has been built to last. Those that have an anodized finish and powder coated can resist the elements much better, and you can have a significantly improved signal receiver that can last well due to its construction. Choose one that can survive multiple car washes, and offer similarly better performance with no issues. One with a hard-anodized finish will not break or fade easily.
- Look at the brand name – It goes without saying that reputed companies that come out with high grade car accessories are likely to offer better antennas. You can easily find good ones in online stores or even in your local hardware store. While the mechanisms of the units tend to vary across companies, you can generally expect better systems powering the ones from credible brands. These can last for more time.
- Find out whether it is easy to set up – Look at the ease of installation and mounting. The best ones are a breeze to set up, and the installation process takes around 5 – 10 minutes with no special tools being required for the setup. Some of these take as less time for installation as only a few seconds when you buy those that have to be merely screwed into the place of the original antennas.
In some cases, you have to buy antenna mounts – but can buy them easily from a local hardware store. You need a set of screwdrivers or minimal power tools for the installation, in such cases.
Many vehicles have plenty of glass on surface area, and you can easily attach antennas to the same. If your automobile has a glass roof, you have to find out whether you can obtain the best signal from that spot.
- Know about its affordability – Last but not the least you also need to consider the budget that you have. There is no point in wasting money on a sub-par device, but you should not mind spending a little extra on a good piece of the antenna. In any case, it is important to conduct some research and find out which ones offer the best value for the money that you spend on them.
It is essential to remember that based on the type and size of antenna that you choose for your car, the price range will vary. If you go for something too cheap, it is unlikely to last long enough. While there are high-priced antennas to be found, of course, it is possible to find high quality units at reasonable costs as well.
Some Important FAQ Of Best Stubby Antenna
Is it easy or difficult to install a new antenna?
Yes, it can be – given that you have to replace the whole antenna cable run. However, if you take sufficient time and follow the instructions to feed your cable through your vehicle, you need to be capable of doing that easily. When you buy a replacement antenna for your vehicle, you can get the instructions for installation for your vehicle.
Can an antenna booster help boost my antenna’s reception?
If you are enjoying pretty good reception but would wish to make it better for some stations, you would obviously get some benefits with an antenna booster. However, if you have poor overall reception, the tuner of the car radio or the antenna itself could be the cause of the problem. If you experience weak signals while using your radio inside your car, you can use a satellite radio antenna extension to enjoy uninterrupted signal and service.
Will there be any issues in connecting my factory stereo to the new antenna?
Most vehicle manufacturers tend to use some type of standardized antenna connection. You will require an adapter if you happen to own a Volkswagen, Nissan or GM. A standard connector is not used by these manufacturers.
Why Do I Get ‘Antenna Not Detected’ or ‘Antenna Disconnected’ Messages from My Radio Receiver?
If you have worked a lot to install your car radio antenna in a proper way, and your receiver shows such messages, you can often get rid of such notifications by turning your receiver on and then off, so as to reset the device. If this fails to work, ensure that the connection has not got loose between the antenna and the receiver. In case the issues persist, you might like to have a car audio technician look at the system.
Can I paint my antenna?
You might like to paint your antenna to customize it in your own way. It is okay to paint antennas as long there are no metal flakes contained in the paint. The metallic paint particles can change and cause disruptions in the signal transmission properties of antennas.
Which Popular Antenna Brand Should I Buy For Me?
You can find plenty of superior antenna manufacturers. Your choice should be determined by, among other factors, the type of vehicle that you have.
Which Range Can I Expect From My Antenna?
The range of transmission can depend on many factors and may vary on the basis of ionosphere status, installation, antenna quality, antenna length and surrounding terrain.
Where Should I Mount My Antenna?
This is often the toughest and most time-consuming decision that you have to take while buying a new car antenna. However, during an antenna purchase, you can get a guide on antenna selection which comprises of recommendations on mounting considerations.
What Makes Antenna Tuning Important?
With tuning of your car antenna, you can get better performance and improved range. It can also keep your radio protected, and keep the electronic components of your radio intact and free of any damage.
Final Words For The Best Aftermarket Antenna
If you wish to customize your vehicle and have the best jeep antenna that can replace your existing long one, it can be a good idea to choose the ones that have been mentioned above. It is not enough to have enhanced bumpers, mud flaps and bed covers, as you would also like to have some upgraded entertainment aspect – and a stubby antenna can be a good way to do that.
Stock antennas can last for 4 – 6 years, and need replacement only after that time. These wear out more quickly on cars close to the ocean, as corrosion is accelerated by salty breezes from the sea. Replace the antenna only when you find the mast to be broken or rusty.
It is true that longer antennas are more susceptible to breakage due to random events or wind. A shorter antenna can benefit you with its improved durability and style. With a smaller antenna such as one of these, you can make your vehicle look cool, and enjoy the benefits.
Your choice of the most appropriate antenna should depend on the type of vehicle that you have, your budget, the type of size that you would prefer, how easy you would want the installation to be and other important factors. Irrespective of your pick, it is important that you choose an antenna that fits your vehicle.